THE ALLIAGES LEGACY AWARD & COLLECTION 2019
CLICK HERE to apply
NEW DUE DATE TO APPLY : TUESDAY, MARCH 19TH midnight
ALLIAGES organization has 2 goals : promote contemporary jewellery & educate to this art. To educate the public to contemporary jewellery, ALLIAGES started a private collection transmitted this year to the museum selected. From its creation up to now, ALLIAGES has promoted this collection and the artists which are part of it, using virtual or physical networks. To promote & recompense the jewellers, ALLIAGES created its Award for Contemporary Jewellery.
The Museum selected to receive the Legacy Collection will be the partner for this edition. The selected works will be presented in the museum during an exhibition as well as a selection of works of the first two editions. The name of the Museum will be announced after the selection.
3 paper publications will be published : A catalog for this 3rd Edition, a global catalog including all artists of all editions and a small brochure. Every artist selected for the award will receive a free copy.
Awards and Prizes
Jury Award : 1.000 € / highlighted spot at next ALLIAGES exhibition / Cover in 3rd edition catalog
Alliages choice Award(s) : Free spot at next ALLIAGES exhibition
Conditions and Terms of Participation
- The competition is open to all contemporary jewellers worldwide, established professionals or students, independently of their experience or curriculum vitae.
- There are no restrictions in materials used, techniques or sizes. Jewels must be done using traditional and/or new jewellery techniques. Silversmithing and object are not eligible.
- A maximum of 2 works will be submitted by each artist. Works proposed must be a « one-of-a-kind » works done between 2017-19. Application will be sent only using dedicated ALLIAGES website form with all required data in correct formats. An application fee of 10€ (Ten Euros) will be applied for each work proposed, payed via Paypal.
- Selected works will be sent by artists in a appropriate and secure packaging at his/her cost, including all possible tax or charge, in the due date.
- The works selected for the award will be acquired automatically to the private collection of ALLIAGES, this means the artist will give the work selected to the gallery for its private collection. This private collection will be transmitted this year to the museum that has been selected by ALLIAGES. Works selected for this award edition will be shown during the exhibition taken place in the Museum selected from May 18th to October 2019. During this show, a jury composed of professionals in the art and jewellery world will select the jewel awarded with the « Jury award ». ALLIAGES staff will choose one or several jewels which will win the “ALLIAGES choice awards”.
- The winners of the previous editions will not be able to be awarded in the same category.
- The artists selected will have to provide 2 high definition pictures of the jewel selected : one picture with (total) white background and one picture with the jewel worn.
- The artists selected allow the Association ALLIAGES to reproduce any material provided in order to promote this event and for its archives/history in any form. The transfer of the reproduction right by the artist is non-exclusive, non-transferable, unlimited territory for distribution of reproductions.
- The decisions of the curator and the jury are irrevocable. If the artist does not perform steps in the due dates and/or delays, he/she may be excluded from the award and he/she can not pretend to any fee reimbursement. Any work can be excluded from the collection or the award at any moment if it does not fit to the award and collection conditions.
Deadline to submit the application : March 19th, 2019
Announcement of selected works : March 25th, 2019
Selected works received at the gallery : April 12th, 2019
Selected works shown at the Museum : May 18th to October 2019
Award @ the Museum : May 18th, 2019
Selection & Jury
The selection will be done by Juan Riusech, contemporary art jeweler, curator and founder of Alliages organization. A selection among the proposals will be done and the works selected will be presented to a Jury at the Museum exhibition.
The jury will select the winner for the main award during the Museum exhibition opening on May 18th, 2019. The jury will be composed of the winners of previous editions and professionals of contemporary jewellery world.
This application is CLOSED
Selected artists for the award 2015
Akis Goumas, Alina Carp, Ana Garcia Moya, Angela Ciobanu, Arata Fuchi, Aric Verrastro, Babette von Dohnani, Barbara Uderzo, Burcu Sulek, Caterina Zanca, Claudia Steiner, Dabin Lee, Demitra Thomloudis, Elin Flognman, Emma Tratt, Erato Kouloubi, Franziska Höhne, George Gionnatsous, Gigi Mariani, Gili Doliner, Isabelle Busnel, Izabella Petrut, Katja Toporski, Liana Pattihis, Lidia Puica, Linda Schuch, Lluís Comín, Lucie Houdková, Malene Kastalje, Mar Sanchez, Marie Masson, Masumi Kataoka, Michelle Kraemer, Mireia Calaf, Nicole Polentas, Nicole Schuster, Norma Rianudo, Panjapol Kulpapangkorn, Patricia Gallucci, Qiwei Yang, Ria Lins, Sangji Yun, Sébastien Carré, Sofia Björkmann, Victoria Ioannidou, Viktoria Münzker, Vincent Pontillo-Verrastro.
Selected artists for the award 2016
Agelika Diplari, Ana Barbu Uzura, Ana Garcia Moya, Ana Marchetanu, Andrea Auer, Anna Krol, Annette Dam, Aurelia Yeomans, Brooke Marks-Swanson, Burcu Buyukunal, Cédric Chevalley, Christine Jalio, Claudia Steiner, Corrina Goutos, Eva Tesarik, Frederique Coomans, George Giannoutsos, Gozde Erdogan, Holland Houdek, Hsieh Chun-Lung, Ignasi Cavaller Triay, Isabelle Azais, Isabelle Busnel, Izabella Petrut, Jessica Andersen, Jina Seo, Jittrakarn Bunterngpiboon, Jonathan Hens, Juan Harnie, Kim Hee-ang, Lee Seulki, Lee Yojae, Lee Yujin, Lidia Puica, Lin Tsang-Hsuan, Lital Mendel, Lucie Houdkova, Mabel Pena, Malene Kastalje, Margarita Alonso, Masako Hamaguchi, Maud Traon, Michelle Krämer, Minna Karhu, Missy Graff Ballone, Morgane Beyrend, Nicole Schuster, Niklas Link, Panjapol Kulpapangkorn, Petra Podnarcuk, Raluca Buzura, Sébastien Carré, Stefania Sioufa, Teresa Francis Faris, Unk Kraus, Viktoria Münzker, Vincent Pontilo-Verrastro, Yeh Wen-Miao, Yiota Vogli & Yu Hiraishi.
Warning: The content of this website is copyrighted. Any reproduction is strictly forbidden.